Thursday, January 4, 2024

Let's Craft Together Blog Hop - January 2024

Happy New Year and welcome to the monthly Blog Hop by Let’s Craft Together and thank you for joining us. We are a group of multi-cultural Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators in Australia who have developed a strong friendship though our love of stamping and our admiration of each other’s style of crafting.

Each month one of us sets a challenge that we use for the blog hop. This month’s is picture challenge, you can use the image, pattern or colours to create your project. The colours are Bubble Bath, Berry Burst, Blackberry Bliss, Blueberry Bushel, Pecan Pie and Smokey Slate.

I decided to challenge myself to use all of the colours, so as is my process I lay out the ink pads on my desk and started to move them around.  I had an idea that they might work together as a background, so I chose stamps from Notes of Nature, from the new Jan to Apr Mini Catalogue, to go with each of the colours, then started stamping. I did a lot of stamping off as I didn't want the background too bright.  Then to age the piece further I used Blending Brushes to add Bubble Bath and Pecan Pie to the whole piece, darker in some places and lighter in others. 

The dies that are part of the Notes of Nature include the cute one I used to create the punched holes down the side of the piece.  Once I had done that I scrunched up the cardstock in my hands a number of times and scraped my finger down the edge.  I added some additional Blending Brush Pecan Pie around the edges. 

Looking for a sentiment I thought it would be fun to use part of the "Field Notes" Stamp with the sentiment from Gorgeously Made and layer this over the flora stamps that have been die cut.  I am beyond happy with how this turned out!  Let me know in the comments if you have used your stamps to make a background paper. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hop, just follow the link below:

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Amazing vintage look, wonderful take on the inspiration pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is fantastic!! What a brilliant background - and it looks just amazing in these colours. Love this idea so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the way you softened the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap! We both had a similar idea. I do like the subtleness to your background and how the layering fuse together on your piece. Great interpretation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.