Sunday, September 23, 2012

ESAD Blog Hop - Holiday Catalogue

Welcome to the Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop, whether you have come from Kristine at Inkspot Creations or are starting with my blog, just hop around following the links at the bottom of each post. 


I just love this Holiday Catalogue, the first in the new 'non-mini' format, it is so full of amazing products, not just stamps but heaps of accessories too.  I have chosen a combination of items from the Holiday Catalogue and some from the new Annual Catalogue to show you how well they all coordinate together.  I have chosen the stamp set Joyous Celebrations as the focus of all of my projects today, so grab a cuppa if you don't have one, and enjoy my projects and those the other ESAD ladies have created for you.

I wanted to use the new little Kraft boxes, they are great and really cost effective (4 boxes for only $4.95 on p161) which makes them great for gifts.  The new Holiday Catalogue items on this box are the Fabric Ribbon wrapped around the box, and two of the small stamps from Joyous Celebrations stamped onto the Fabric Ribbon.  I love how this new ribbon makes it so easy to stamp on, and you can coordinate your ribbon perfectly with your project!  The sentiment is also from a lovely set in the Holiday Catalogue called Greetings of the Season which has four lovely Christmas sentiments.

I thought I would show you the steps I took to stamp on the ribbon:
Secure the ribbon using tape at each end, and place over some scrap
paper and mark out the distance you want between each image.
Stamp the first image using the markers as a guide.  I used the
mistletoe image as the stem helped me line up with my marks.
Finally I went back with the little bow stamp and positioned it
between  each of the mistletoe  images.
Inside the box is a selection of gift tags and cards, this would make a lovely pre-Christmas gift for someone special or just a lovely way to store your own Christmas tags!

I made these with the Two Tags Die, backing the Joyous Celebrations stamps with the Decorative Label Punch.  I made three of each in a variety of colour and DSP combinations. These are so easy to whip up and are so very cute.  A touch of Dazzling Diamonds onto the reindeer nose (red would have been perfect) and also to add some faux-brads to the other tag, this is great for adding some bling without dimension, so great for cards to go through the post.

Next I made a series of 3"x3" gift cards, making two of each of the following designs.  The tree in the Joyous Celebrations set is a tiny bit larger than some of the other stamps in the set, so I used the oval Designer Frame to layer it onto the card, backing this with some of the Be of Good Cheer DSP from the Annual Catalogue. A little bit of Dazzling Diamonds on the star helps to make it pop, I used the new Paper Piercing Tool to gently drag the glitter into the points of the star.

The next two cards are both made using what I think of as the 'dotted oval' stamp from the Joyous Celebrations set, and I backed them with Be of Good Cheer DSP cut with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I added a sentiment to the reindeer one, from Petite Pairs.  

The last of the tags are probably my favourite as I decided to try layering them with the Champaign Glimmer paper instead of DSP.  Let me just say if you have been a fan of the silver and red glimmer paper from the Annual Catalogue you will LOVE this new champaign one, it is so rich and yummy. You might recognise the bows and the mistletoe as the images I stamped onto the ribbon that wrapped around the box.  To make the bow out of glimmer paper I just stamped on the back and used that as a guide to cut out.  I used a small amount of Dazzling Details on the star in the centre of each ornament.

I wanted to finish up my post today with the card I made to go with this little tag box, this one is a 10.5cm x 10.5cm one.  I used the new Paper Doily Sizzlits and Apothecary Accents Die to compliment the cute little reindeer stamp.  I think he is my favourite from this set, and I can see me using him quite a bit on my Christmas projects this year.  This whole set of stamps is so versatile, great for gift cards as well as full sized cards, it also fits perfectly within the new Holiday Frame Textured Embossing Folder also found in the Holiday Catalogue.

I hope you have enjoyed my somewhat long post today.  Now it is time to hop on over to StampingT! to see what Tanya has created.

What is ESAD?

ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin" Up! demonstrators. 
We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.
 So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group


Happy Stamping

13 comments:

  1. wow that was a lot of work monique, love those tags. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've sold me on the kraft boxes and the fabric ribbon. lol You are right, they are cost effective but look fantastic decorated as you've done. Thanks for the inspiration Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that box Monique!! I so have to get some of that stampable ribbon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the box. Great projects, thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy Monique! Love all your projects! Thanks for the reminder about the kraft boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects Monique. I still have so much to find in the catalogues.Its nice to see the boxes used to remind me they are there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monique I love these little gift tags and how they go in the cute box. Thank you for sharing your idea. xxTessxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of the ribbon to get even stamped images and the cute little cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that little box. So now I need them, thanks lol. Beautiful projects x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous projects and now Im off to add that stamp set to my order! love it! Thanks for the inspiration Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Monique - these are gorgeous. Wasn't going to get that set but am now rethinking. I love the stamped images on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.