Friday, September 7, 2012

Less is More #83

Just a quick little post this morning before I get stuck into creating with my new stamps - my big brown Stampin' Up! box full of new catalogue products arrived yesterday!  But before I get on with that I wanted to share a card I made for the Less is More Challenge, this week the challenge was to use pink and brown.

I quite like pink and brown together, and for this card chose Pink Pirouette and Soft Suede.  I think I am improving with CAS cards although I had to add some texture to the suede layer!  I did think about making this a baby card but went with Thank You, using the sentiment from Curly Cute instead.  I think for a baby card I would use more pink and less suede.

Speaking of baby cards I did get the cute little Two by Two in my order yesterday and I can see it making a very cute baby card.  Well I am off to play with my new toys, I will hopefully have a few to post up over the next few days - mojo permitting!

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. This is super fabulous! LOVE your layout--and how did you get the shape for the sentiment? Is that a new die cut?! I know the shape is from the Everything Eleanor set, but this looks smaller...anywho! Gorgeous card! I'd really love it if you could join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Mynnette, The sentiment shape is indeed a new die cut from the Apothecary Accents Framelits, good for those sentiments that are a bit big for punches but get lost in bigger shapes.

      Delete
  2. I'm quite fond of embossing large expanses of plain card too Monique. This is lovely and follows one of our previous sketches too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those SU brown boxes too Monique!
    Terrific card
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.