Friday, September 7, 2012

Freshly Made Silhouettes - Two Ways

Looking for a sketch to base my next card on I turned to Freshly Made Sketches, I like these as they are nice and clean layouts, without the 'simple' aspect of a lot of Clean and Simple challenges.  

This time around I used my new Serene Silhouettes stamp set, I just love the little birds on the tree and did some fussy cutting after stamping them in Cajun Craze to make them stand out from the branches.  I wanted the card to have a fairly muted look to it so I used my brayer to colour the back ground for the birds and then decided to try and colour the DSP with the brayer also.  I am really happy with how it turned out, achieving the effect I was after.  

Here you can see a picture of the un-brayered DSP beside the piece I coloured with Pool Party.  I think this worked because I was using a fairly pale colour, too dark a colour would just cover the DSP.

Because I brayered a whole 12" strip I had a piece left over so decided to use the same basic sketch but make some changes.  Firstly I made this card landscape instead of portrait. I added some ribbon and a sentiment as well.  The butterflies are stamped with my new Papillon Potpourri stamp set and cut out using the new Elegant Butterfly Punch. If you look closely at the centre butterfly I have stamped on it with the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad - this is a bit like VersaMark but has a distinct glimmer to it, and is so pretty.  It is hard to capture it in the photo.

Happy Stamping

7 comments:

  1. Both cards are so pretty Monique. I love how you have brayered the background and the paper. Those stamp sets are on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Monique. That top one is gorgeous with the brayered background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards Monique! I love that paper! Great job on the brayering! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and wonderful! I, too, love the clean idea without the simple and you have done it perfectly! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Monique! I love how you brayered the DSP. The brayering behind the birds is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness .... this is just stunning ... love your creativity!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Serene Silhouette's Card. I think I NEED that set now. Thanks for linking up your gorgeous project at still addINKtive this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.