Thursday, September 13, 2012

Father's Day Cards

We have just had Father's Day here in Australia and of course that meant card making time.  Today I have two Father's Day cards to show you, the first is the one I made for my dad, and the other is the one my daughter made for her dad.  I love that she is creative too.

Firstly here is the card I made my dad.  I used the now-retired Well Worn DSP and Junior Type Alphabet die and matched them up with the new Apothecary Accents Framelits and a new a la carte stamp aptly named World's Greatest.  We received this stamp at Convention and to be honest I wasn't sure it was my style, however it was perfect for this card. Even though the Framelit chopped off the bottom part of the stamp I think it still works well.

This is the card my daughter made for her dad, she took inspiration from the butterfly card I made but changed it to be more masculine.  I love what she has done with this, she kicked me out of my craft area and then went to work.  I love how she did the background, she had started off sponging the edges but decided to tap the ink pad directly to the card stock which gives it a great texture.  She added some ribbon, and even though it is satin ribbon she has chosen the grey and added a layer of Baker's Twine.  I love the way she off set the sentiment and embossed the layer.  I am such a proud mum and of course my husband loved the card!

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.