Sunday, April 16, 2023

CTC #415 - Favourite Retiring DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from our favourite retiring DSP from either catalogue.

I was inspired by the Chic DPS which is part of the Texture Chic Collection on pages, and am using the colour combinations to guide my project. 

I decided to use this very pretty pattern from the DSP pack and pick one of the colours in the DSP that isn't officially listed and only shows as small specks on this sheet, Bermuda Bay. I paired this with Flirty Flamingo, a stronger  colour than Petal Pink as I thought it needed the pop of colour.  I used my new Timeless Arrangements Bundle that I received on Friday as part of the new catalogue pre-order.

I stepped up the inside of the card using a fancy fold that I learned on a recent stamp retreat. Unfortunately I don't know the name of it to share with you.  The mechanism allows the focal image to pop forward as the card opens. I did reach into my retired stash for the vase, and would have used one from the new Earthen Elegance Bundle but that didn't quite make it onto my pre-order! Though I don't think it is far off.


I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples using your favourite DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Kathryn created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the pop of colour over the DSP is fantastic! And what an incredible surprise when the card is opened. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how the look of the DSP changes using those brighter colours. Love your fancy fold, perfect for displaying a vase of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.