Thursday, April 20, 2023

Scrapbooking Global - Blind Scrapping

Welcome to the April Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop. This is my first ever hop with SG and I have to be honest the first 12x12 scrapbooking page I have done since the early 2000's!  

I was totally intrigued by the theme of this month's hop, which is Blind Scrapping. We were all given a list of instructions about size and location of DSP, Cardstock, Photo and Embellishments and from that written list create our page. 

These are the instructions we were given.

Recently our daughter and son-in-law bought their own home, no mean feat these days, and I knew I wanted to use this photo of them having stuck the "sold" sign on the poster the day they exchanged contracts. I will be framing this page for them to keep in their new home.

I used the gorgeous new Countryside Inn DSP for this project, and have used what I think of as the backs of the sheets (the ones with simpler patterns). I love that this DSP is all blue and added a pop of colour with Moody Mauve and Bubble Bath to stamp the flowers. For my top embellishment I stamped directly onto the base cardstock and then layered the flowers over the top having punched them out and curled up the petals.   These are stamped with the Petal Park Bundle from the current Mini catalogue.  I have also added a few Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequins for some extra interest. 

For this embellisment I stamped the leaves and flowers and then fussy cut them out. To add more dimension I added additional layers of flowers over the top.  Linen Thread was added under this.  You can just see in this image that I used the same die to cut out my journalling box as well as to create a small tag under the photo. I used the tag under the photo to bring in a bit of the Moody Mauve cardstock.

I am so happy with my creation.  I suspect I will be doing more scrapping in the near future.
Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page! Love the softer blues and pink tones added to the new DSP. The flowers look gorgeous with the blue leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. I like the color blending around your base layer, really sets off the blue tones. Great job with all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page looks Fabulous! I am loving all the different pages that essentially are the same but wow colour plays a huge roll doesn't it? That DSP is perfect for your photo/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your doodling on the edges is stunning. Totally love your page and it’s great to see this paper in action! The floral embellishments are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.