Sunday, February 14, 2021

CTC #305 - CASE a Sketch: Donkey

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from this cute little donkey card on page 5 of the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue.

The basic layout, or sketch, for this card is above and you can interpret this in a number of ways. 

I decided to try and make a card that really featured the beautiful Ombre DSP that you can earn for free during Sale A Bration. To do this I used the DSP for all the elements except for the base card and white panel (and the glittery dots). I stamped the flower and leaves on the paler end of the solid DSP for the lighter colour and used strips of the darker end of the DSP for the strips behind the main panel. For some added interest, I purposefully reversed the colours on the flower with the colours of the bands rather than keeping the Blackberry Bliss on top and Granny Apple Green underneath.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the sketch to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Michelle has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. This is cool. Love the stamping on the paper. And I love the colours you've chosen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripes behind the flowers. They look great with the ombre dsp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour combination - so bright and cheerful. I wasn't taken with this paper in the catty but I am really getting talked into it with beautiful creations like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so clever, Monique! I love the way you've played with the different shades of each colour. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.