Sunday, May 1, 2022

CTC 367 - CASE the Cover of the New Annual Catalogue

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the cover of the new annual catalogue which goes live on Tuesday 3rd May, so at the moment we can only show you the cover, but it does give a peek at one of the stunning new suites coming soon.
 
Here is a simplified version of the card's layout, you can make adjustments to this in your own project, make it a landscape card for example. 

I have kept my project fairly close to the original in colours and design, mostly because I wanted the challenge of re-creating the card using different supplies to the ones in the new catalogue. I played around with a few different leaves and flowers, but settled on Art Gallery for the flowers, and Forever Fern  for the stamped leaves.  The little gold leaves are cut from a die that is from the new catalogue and part of the Nature's Prints Bundle. The die cuts a cute wreath which I have cut into various leaf elements to use on my cards. 

To add a little extra bling I have coloured three Opal Rounds with a Mango Melody Stampin' Blends pen to coordinate with the project.  The sentiment is from Inspired Thoughts, and it was this sentiment that really drew me to the stamp set, I think it is so much more caring than "with sympathy".  

The background was created with a piece of DSP from Sun Prints DSP pack, however I added Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue to replicate the original card using Blending Brushes. I love how they allow easy colour adding to DSP to match any project.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Love what you did to the DSP background. I haven’t tried colouring the opal rounds yet. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.