Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Mashup #8

Well today is my last day of being a Guest Designer for The Friday Mashup, and I am a little sad.  But I will keep playing along with the challenges so keep checking back each week to see what I come up with.  Before I get onto that though just a quick update on Sharon, the amazing lady who has not only conquered breast cancer but made it her goal to conquer the highest point on the planet and climb to the top of Mt Everest ... she made it!!!  You can read her account of that last push here.  

Now onto this week's card challenge, you can join in by doing any one of the three options: 
  1. Make a card using Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz and Pretty in Pink
  2. Make a card using the sketch
  3. Or mash it up and make a card using both the colour combo and the sketch
Again I have chosen to do the mashup of the challenges - Initially I looked at these colours and could not really picture them in my mind, so I took out my scrap card and lay them on the desk and just started to fiddle around with them.  I decided the base of the card should be the Night of Navy and then it was just a matter of fitting the colours to the sketch.  Wow what a sketch, there are a lot of elements on this one, and I was trying to work out what stamp would go nicely into the circle.  I think it was a combination of standing in front of my stamp sets and thinking that the Pear Pizzaz would be a great colour for leaves, and BAM I saw the 5th Avenue Floral and decided that the big rose was close enough to a circle to count. 

For the rose I stamped in Basic Black onto Pretty in Pink card stock, then when the ink was well dry I used the aqua painter with bleach and ran it around the edge of the petals which bleached the colour out of the card stock and gave it a nice accent.  I had tried this technique previously, but like many others it had slipped to the back of my mind until it was demonstrated again at Convention.  I think it really works for this card. 

Please pop over to The Friday Mashup to check out the other cards the Design Team have come up with to inspire you this week.  Check out the entries to the challenge too, and don't forget to leave a little comment to let the artists know what you think.

The great thing with the mashup is that you can pick and choose with the challenge, so don't be shy, give it a try and join in for some fun.
  
Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Monique, once again you have excelled and bought us an amazingly beautiful card. I love the bleached out edges, so pretty. You know I've never tried the bleach technique, I think I might just have to give it a shot now. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job as our First Mashup Guest Designer!! I love this card, the bleaching on the edges is perfect with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one pretty card Monique! I love the way you used the little leaves across the middle of the page! You did a wonderful job as our GD! I love visiting your blog and will be back!!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you were our May guest designer. All of your cards are lovely and I cant wait to see what you do on future challenges!

    That flower is perfect and I love the leaves going across!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.