Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Even More Creative Elements

Please let me know if you are getting sick of this set and I will try to post something different, I am just having such a good time playing with it!  This card I made for my ESAD Secret Sister, Jenn Roberts,  I blame give credit to Jenn for making me see how great a colour Baja Breeze truly is, so it was only fitting to make the card in these colours for her.


This is another CASE of the cards on the display boards at Convention, again this time I have made a couple of adjustments, adding the gold embossing to the flourish before punching out with the decorative label punch.  I also ran the VersaMark pen around the edge of the butterfly and embossed in gold - I didn't shake off all the embossing powder on purpose to give the wings a gold speckling. You might need to click on the picture to zoom in to see it properly.  The flourish you can see each side of the punch out is another stamp from the set, you can see both ends of it here - in the centre is a space for putting a sentiment.  I just love how well it fits each side of the decorative label punch.

I like the simple yet effective edging on the card, simply punch a border using the scallop border punch and curl up the edges to give some depth. I also sponged them to add some extra definition.

I really hope you are not tired of this set yet, I have a couple more projects to share with you, and one in mind to show off that flourish frame a bit better.  I also want to post up a couple of the make n takes we did at Convention also.

Happy Stamping

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mon, another fabulous creation, I think this set will be on the very top of my wish list!

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged, Monique! And I was thrilled to receive such an elegant and gorgeous birthday card (with such a lovely choice of colours ;-)).Your butterfly is really super special.
    This stamp set will be on my first purchase from the new catty. Thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.