Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christmas in July Class

Last weekend I held my first stamping class, I have thought about doing classes for a while, and the theme of Christmas in July was enough to get me organised.  I had a lovely group of ladies come over and everyone seemed to have a great afternoon.  It went so well I will be planning more for the future!  I wanted to use Delightful Decorations and the Ornament Punch as the featured products for this, the goal was to show the ladies a variety of uses for a single set and punch.  I also used a couple of Big Shot products and Four the Holidays stamp set, a great set with four Christmas sentiments, all in different fonts.

This is the first card we made, it is inspired by a swap I received at Canberra Regionals last year, but sadly I seem to have misplaced the original in all the mess on my desk so can't give credit to the designer.  If it's yours please let me know and will update the post.  I like this especially because it uses up that little bit of card stock that is left over from the leaves die when you put it through the Big Shot - I just love things like this.  I spritzed the Cherry Cobbler to give it some sparkle, and after adhering the Old Olive piece to it rubbed the edges with the Adhesive Remover which took the sparkle off the edges.  It doesn't get rid of it all but it does a pretty good job.

This is the second card we made, it's basic layout was from one I did last year with the Reindeer stamp, and converted for this project.  I used 3 punch outs of DSP, folded them in half and adhered them together.  The great thing about this is that it will lie flat to go through the post.  The panel I spritzed with Shimmer Mist and then put through the Big Shot using an embossing folder to give it texture. 
Finally there was this one, another CASE from Regionals Swaps, this time I didn't lose the original, so thank you to Maggie-Anne Coffison for this one.  I love the simplicity of this layout, you can bling it up with Rhinestones like I have here, use stamps or DSP for the ornaments. 

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.