Sunday, April 15, 2012

Non-Traditional Christmas

Last week I joined in with Festive Friday challenge and used what I considered to be non-traditional colours for a Christmas card, and was really happy with the end result.  Yesterday I made a card for this week's sketch challenge at Festive Friday and decided to carry on the idea of non-traditional colours - though I am not 100% sure I have hit the mark.  Let me know what you think in your comments, I am open to honest feedback on this one.

I haven't used this stamp set in ages, I just loved it when I first bought it.  I guess using Pedal Presents earlier had me thinking of this set too because you can put all sorts of things in the back of the truck. I stamped in StazOn onto water colour paper and then used my blender pens to colour the image.  The tree I inked up with my Stampin' Write markers straight onto the stamp so I could colour the trunk and branches different colours.  I used the stamping off technique to repeat the trees on the background.  You can't see it well in the photo but I used my blender pen on the windscreen and side window as well as the hubcaps.  Lesson learned that the sparkle takes for ever to leave your Blender pen, so now I have a "gold" and "silver" tag on each end of one of my pens!

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. very cute card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, hoping to play along more often.

      Delete
  2. I think this is a great card Monique! I love the non-traditional colours you've used. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.