Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just Add Layers

Just Add Ink have a colour challenge this week, Black and White and artist's choice for a third colour, for me Real Red was the colour I chose as I just think it really pops against the black and white.

I have seen a few of these triple layered cards lately and knew it was perfect for this colour combo.  Dawn at Do Stamping With Dawn has a great video, if you want to give it a go yourself.  

I am getting 'better' at decorating the inside of cards, and with the base of this card being Basic Black I thought it would be good to add an inside layer.   Again I have used Petite Pairs on the front and on the inside of the card. 

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the challenge Monique, l love the multiple layers and red is the perfect colour of choice for the style, very striking! Thanks so much for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great technique that I've got to try. Love your choice of stamps and the red to go with black and white. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this card looks like it pops right out at you! Such a great idea, one for my ideas book.

    A great entry in the colour challenge this week at JAI.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice; I agree that red is perfect with black and white. Triple layer cards do look like a lot of fun to make, and I like your choice of stamps for this one, Monique. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.