Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hand Stamped Happiness

I had the urge to create tonight, although I will admit it was a bit of a challenge as nothing seemed to be going right with my planning lol.  I had chosen the above sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments and wanted to use my new Choose Happiness stamp set which I haven't had chance to ink up much - some stamps even still had the backing on them :)

I knew exactly what I wanted on the off-set panel, it was the strips along the top of the card that had me stumped. I tried DSP strips initially, but couldn't find ones that looked good.  Then I tried hand stamping, just using the flower stamp, but that was too plain. I also tried a number of different colours for the 10x14.8cm mat on the card.  Eventually I decided to add some of the leaves in Mossy Meadow and some of the small flowers from Petite Petals and was happy with the result.  Finally happy with the result!

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Monique, absolutely stunning card! I love the floral stamped background, and the sweet little bird in the offset corner. You've been busy this morning! Thanks so much for playing the sketch at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, Love, LOVE this card. Your colors are so inviting and I like your stamped panels. You're right DSP wouldn't do your slanted focal panel justice. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, Monique. Good sketch and colour choice.You're one better than me, haven't even opened this stamp set, but surely will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously cute card! I live the way you created the panels, so smart!! Thanks so much for playing with us at HSS!!
    Take Care- Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I love the stamped panels you created for the sketch! Thanks for playing a long with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love how you created the background! Great use of the stamp set. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Monique! I love it! What a stunning colour combo too! Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.