Sunday, January 18, 2015

Card in a Bag


Staying true to my word last week, I have spent some time today doing some creating! I have combined Freshly Made Sketch and Hand Stamped Sentiments challenges as a base for this creation.

I have wanted to have a play with my Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die, available in the current Occasions Catalogue.  This is such a cute little bag, you can cut it from DSP or card stock and better yet there are 8 additional framelits in the set one is the heart that I cut out of the front of the bag before putting it together. I used the outside edge of the framelit as a guide for the faux stitching. The cute little arrow on the front is punched using What's Up punch. The great thing about this bag is that it doesn't have to be a bag, I have used it as a sleeve for a card.

Here you can see the card out of the bag, the Something to Say stamp set was perfect for the double sentiment. Having stamped the first part of the sentiment on the insert I made a mask and added some melon mambo sponging. I stamped the second part of the sentiment on a piece of Whisper White and cut it with the heart framelit, lining it up and adhering it to the inside of the bag after assembly.  The hearts punched out of the top of the insert card were a bit of an after-though, but I think they go with the overall theme.

I had such fun making this and look forward to making more cute creations with this framelit set.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Oh...this is SO pretty!!! I love treat bag with the card!! Love the shading of the heart!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun surprise - to pull on the ribbon and get the heart panel with a different message showing through! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How COOL! I love that the "inside" sentiment is on the inside of the bag. So clever! And a really pretty design. Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The sponging inside the heart is just perfect - so soft and dreamy! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I love this DSP for the bag and the fun little pull out card! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Love how you used the Mini Treat bag thinlit. I am going to have play with this. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this idea of using the bag as a sleeve for a card! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.