Friday, June 19, 2015

CASE-ing the Catty - Thanks


Welcome to another CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop, this week we are taking inspiration from the Thanks section of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue - did I mention it has just recently been released? Just because it is a new catalogue doesn't me you have to use new product to join in, just take inspiration in some way from pages 13 to 18.  Don't forget that the front page of each section has a heap of samples too.

I have never tried the bokeh technique before and wanted to give it a go for this challenge.  I CASE-ed the card on page 14, but because I don't send many thank yous I changed it up to be a birthday version instead.  I was pretty happy with how this turned out, but think it is a bit dark, so next time will use lighter colours.  I think also doing it on watercolor paper meant that the sentiments didn't have as crisp an image.

I used stamps from a few different sets for the main panel, and added a few Blushing Bride and Bermuda Bay sequins for some bling.

Don't forget that you can join in by adding a comment to the CASE-ing the Catty Blog with a link to your project, and one of the team will add you in.

Time to hop on over to Emma's blog
Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Your colours look great together & I love how you used the perpetual calendar & bling on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the bokeh technique, love that you have change it to reflect birthday greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique , this is great. I'm so glad someone CASEd this card because I wanted to do this one too! you have done a great job with your Bokeh panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so festive with those firework-y looking stamps. Also love those little pops of sequin bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stream of starbursts across your card, Monique. Makes a great background for your focus panel and great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bokeh panel and the cascade of starbursts. Really fun card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the richly coloured bokeh panel, Monique, & the sprinkling of stamps & sequins looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.