Sunday, August 30, 2015

JUGs 308 - Anniversary

Despite being busy recently I had time to make a quick card today so went searching for a sketch challenge that would inspire me.  The Just Us Girls  sketch challenge was just what I was after.

The reason I "had" to get crafty today was that tomorrow is our 24th wedding anniversary and I wanted to make my hubby a card.  This is made using one of his favourite stamps from the Fun & Fast Notes stamp set that retired some time ago, but as hedgehogs are one of his favourite animals I won't ever sell this set.  I used sentiments from Something to Say, with the second matching sentiment "Love You Always" stamped on the inside of the card.  I wanted to keep it fairly masculine so used some of the corrugated card stock, and then added a strip of Real Red behind the Early Espresso strip punched with the cute Confetti Hearts Border Punch.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. This is a very sweet card. Great job with the sketch and I love the wonderful colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Cute use of the sketch - Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet yet masculine at the same time. Love the corrugated layer with the heart border and darling image. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.