Sunday, May 1, 2016

CTC #76 - Have a Cuppa

Welcome to another CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop Challenge, if you are a new visitor each week we take inspiration from a section of one of the Stampin' Up! Catalogues and create a project. Sometimes inspiration comes from the stamp set, the colour combo, the layout ... anything really. Such a great way to really appreciate the work that the creative team at Stampin' Up! do.


This week we are taking inspiration from the Have a Cuppa section of the Occasions catalogue, pages 34 - 37.  I took inspiration from the pink card in the image above, you can find it on page 36.

I changed mine up a bit to use one of the retiring stamp sets Choose Happiness, and Cucumber Crush as the base colours.  I really like the monochromatic look of the card, but had to add some bling with both gold metalic thread and a few gold sequins. If you saw my post last week I used the same tip for adding the thread to the back of the punched out sentiment, I am loving how easy it makes things. I coloured part of the sentiment stamp using the coordinating Stampin' Write Marker to add some darker areas.

I used a technique we saw at the recent Stampin' Up! On Stage event to create the splatter effect. To do this squeeze an ink pad to get ink onto the inside of the lid then use an Aqua Painter to pick up the ink and "flick" it with your finger onto the page.  Sure it is a bit messy but is lots of fun and gives a great finish to the card.


I hope you are enjoying the hop, if we inspire you to join in please just add a link to the main blog page by clicking the image above.  

Time to hop on over to Helen's blog and see which project caught her eye.


                                            


Product List


Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Your greeting in the centre is beautiful!! What a wonderfully serene card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have re-created the banner using the metallic thread. And isn't making splatters fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.