Sunday, September 4, 2016

ESAD Blog Hop: Holiday Catalogue

Welcome to the ESAD Holiday Catalogue Blog Hop. Who doesn't love a new catalogue full of brand new products and chocked full of ideas? Well the new Holiday Catalogue from Stampin' Up! does not disappoint!  This blog hop from the ESAD demonstrators will give you just a small taste of what is in store. Whether you have arrived from Delys's blog, or are starting here, just follow the links at the bottom of each post until you get back to where you started from.

One of my favourite bundles from the new Holiday Catalogue wasn't one of the many Christmas or Halloween sets, but the gorgeous Paisleys & Posies stamp set and matching framelits found on page 47. There are two other products from the catalogue that I have featured today, the divine Copper Foil Sheets also on page 47 (my favourite page in the catty!); and the very cute, but easy to miss White Gift Boxes on page 7. 

A friend made me something similar to this a couple of Christmases ago and I knew it would be really cute with these lovely White Gift Boxes. They are a great size at 3" x 3" perfect for any number of treats, and what a great way to show them off but on a lovely matching stand. 


Here is the stand just on it's own and you can see how the box neatly fits in the cut out section, it isn't adhered to the base, so the person can easily access the box without damaging the overall effect.  The base is a piece of 14.8cm x 10.5cm card stock with a fold down the middle at 7.4cm.  Fold the card in half then cut out the recess as follows: 2.5cm from the end, 4cm deep and 8cm wide. I then just added layers of card stock using a pencil to mark where to cut to give me the borders I wanted. I probably could have measured it but I make too many mistakes that way!!

Now for a closer look at the box, remember how I said it was "white", the wonderful thing about that is that you can decorate it anyway you like, whether with stamped images like I have, or with washi tape, brayering, embossing ... the options are limited only by your imagination. With the box and the base I layered some of the different stamps in the set to get the different colours in each image. One of the great things about these little boxes is that they come with a plastic sleeve, so decorating them like this with ribbon and a tag is so easy, and it allows the sleeve to slide off without disturbing any of the decorations!

Here is a close up of the tag, I used a couple of the framelits in the set to create this, layering Crushed Curry, Copper and Bermuda Bay as my base layers, slightly off-set, then one of the more intricate framelits on the top cut once in Copper and once in Crushed Curry, which I used the "off cut" pieces to layer in the Copper layer. Notice how the Bermuda Bay peeks through? I decided to do it this way rather than try and piece those little bits in place!

       
Time to hop on over and see what the talented Richelle has created.




Happy Stamping
Monique

21 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Mon. Love what you have done with this set. The tags are a great idea. Thanks so much for participating in the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I haven't seen that idea before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this project Monique. Something I have never seen before so thank you for sharing. I may just have to give it a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique what an awesome card and gift box you have made. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you box and card. When I get more time I will give it a go. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique this is stunning. Such a fab idea and one I'd love to CASE. I love the way you've used this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Monique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how creative are you! very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic!!! A real wow card and gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea and your example is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I love this. Those colours work so well with the gorgeous copper foil

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovey idea for card and gift box. beautiful colors, loving the new Copper Foil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very cool Monique, what a fabulous idea with the gift box and making the card into a stand. I also love the copper foil, job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card and gift. I may just have to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how the box sits into the card, great decorations on the box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous style of card with gift! Might have to Case this too Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not normally a fan of paisley prints, but...WOW! Love this Monique x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great project Monique! Love the colours too! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.