Sunday, November 20, 2016

CTC #105 - Fancy Frost

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty blog hop. This week the team are taking inspiration from the Fancy Frost section of the Holiday Catalogue on pages 36 - 45.

I was inspired by the card in the upper left of the above picture from page 36.  I loved the simplicity of this card even though it has a few different layers and shapes.

The other reason I liked this card was it gave me another excuse to use some of my lovely DSP stash. I chose the Moroccan DSP for this one, I love that this DSP has some really lovely soft teals as well as the more earthy tones.  For this card I used the Paisleys and Petals stamp set, I have quite a few people I am very thankful for at the moment and this is one of the cards I will be giving them.

I added a strip of the DSP to the inside of the card as a simple way to dress it up a little.

Once on a roll I decided to see what the same layout would look like with the layers tweaked so that the sentiment sits on the circle layer.  This time I used the Floral Boutique DSP and sentiment from Tin of Cards.  I can't wait to get the stitched framelits as I think they would have looked great on here.

For this one I used the coordinating Washi Tape to add some colour to the inside.

I can't decide which I like best, but it is a great layout that is quick and simple to use and looks good with the rectangle or cirlce sentiment.  My new challenge is to try it out with a sentiment on the banner!!

I hope you are enjoying the hop and are inspired to join in this week, its really easy, just choose something from the Fancy Frost section of the catalogue and use it as inspiration to create your project, then upload it to the main CTC page using the link above.

Time to hop on over to see what Juila has been inspired to create this week. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, Monique! This is a really versatile layout and a fabulous way to use DSP.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.