Sunday, February 19, 2017

CTC #116 - Succulent Garden

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty, this week we are taking inspiration from the Succulent Garden section of the Occasions Catalogue, pages 20 - 31. I know I often say that there is a lot of inspiration in the catalogue pages, but this week there really is lots of product samples to take inspiration from.

I was going to CASE one of the images from the Oh So Succulent Bundle, but then I got flicking through the pages and saw that the That's The Tag Bundle falls in these pages too. Having just received this bundle in the mail I couldn't resist using it for my CASE this week. 

I had fun making the main three tags from the inspiration pages, but couldn't resist using one of the chickens from the Hey, Chic stamp set that I had sitting pre-coloured and cut on my desk.

The first tag I copied almost directly from the catalogue image, but swapped out the wooden heart with a little white bow, I also added matching Sweet Sugarplum ribbon.

Next up was the happy birthday tag, as you can see I kept the stamps and framelits the same but substituted Mellon Mambo and Blushing Bride for the white and blue of the original. I also used soem of the gold Metallic Ribbon from the SAB combo pack that you can earn free with any $90 order, it is just divine.

My final CASE from the catalogue is the cute little tag above which I used Mint Macaroon, Sweet Sugarplum, and Flirty Flamingo as my colours. I also added a third little flower to balance the tag. I love how these flowers have a matching framelit so no fussy cutting need.

Finally my Hey, Chic tag, I think the little exploding stars add to the crazy feel of this chicken. What do you think? 

I hope the team has inspired you to join in the challenge this week, if so just add a picture of your project to the Facebook group using the link above. You don't need to use the same stamps etc from the catalogue, it is fine to take inspiration from the layout or colours, and use whatever Stampin' Up! products you have on hand.

Time to hop on over and see what Kathryn has been inspired to create.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Your tags are so cute, Monique. they are a lot of fun to play with aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags Monique. The chick is a real cutie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects and all so beautiful too. My favourite is the chicken. So much fun and the crazy stars work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute tags Monique! Yes, i think those starts add to his 'crazy' :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your tags, Monique. The Melon Mambo birthday is my fave, but the chicken is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have totally overlooked these sweet tags in the catalogue, but I love what you have done here Monique. Those exploding stars are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.