Sunday, June 18, 2017

CTC #133 - Love and Sympathy

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, 

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Love and Sympathy section of the Annual Catalouge, pages 86 - 101.

I took my inspiration from the card on the bottom left of the above image from page 101 of the catalogue.  I think it was the fact that I have been thinking about getting the Birthday Blooms stamp set because I love the big blossom image and was surprised to see the image from You've got this gives a similar effect when cut off the stem!

I did want my card to be brighter than the original and and thought that the beautiful papers in the Wood Textures DSP Stack would be perfect.  I used two of the sheets and layered them onto a Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock base.

I wanted to show you a close up so you could seek a bit better how I used Copper Metallic Thread to coordinate with the Copper Embossing Powder on the flowers. I coloured them with Watercolour Pencils and a Blender Pen, although unlike the original I decided to add some Daffodil Delight to the Melon Mambo on the petals and Old Olive on the leaves. I also used Shimmery White cardstock for the flowers to give them a little bit of a lift. I also added some of new Glitter Enamel Dots, and even though they are from the Berry Burst dots the lovely ombre options in each colour allow them to be coordinated with other colours. 

I hope that we have inspired you to join us in the Love and Sympathy challenge this week, it is really simple, just take inspiration from any of the projects in this section of the catalogue and use it to create your own project, then add a picture of it to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to head on over and see what Rebecca has been inspired to create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. The embossing on the flowers looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look beautiful, Monique, qnd I do like them better with the lighter woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous. I love your colouring. And the wood textures paper looks awesome. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Monique. I think I prefer your lighter colours and the copper is just stunning. Those woodgrain papers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Monique - totally stunning! Love that you've layered 2 pieces of the Wood Textures DSP together. And the colouring on your flowers is amazing. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Monique. I love the embossed flowers and how clever to substitute the background with the wood texture DSP. It works so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the flowers with the Wood Textures DSP Monique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.