Sunday, July 16, 2017

CTC #137 - Artistic Expression

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop.  A bit of a cold and busy week for me, but I don't think that is going to change on either front for a while!

This week the team are being inspired by the Artistic Expression section of the Annual Catalogue, you can find this section on pages 132 - 181. This is another big section of the catalogue so there are lots and lots of projects to inspire you.

For me the choice was easy this week because I have been looking forward to this challenge ever since I first saw the catalogue.  Do you have projects that just leap off the page at you? For me the image above from page 143 did just that, I was enchanted by it and knew I wanted to re-create it.

Instead of a gift bag I decided to make a card instead.  I love the different browns achieved and by using Early Espresso, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake with a combination of stamping off and building up colour with sponging. While I loved the card I didn't realise how much detail there was in it or how many different layers and textures.

I wanted to show you some of the detail up close in this picture, I did a bit of fussy cutting, scrunching and roughing up of the cardstock on some layers, building them up with Dimensionals and adding pearls for a special touch.  Sometimes doing an almost direct CASE can be a quick and easy way to achieve the outcome. This is not one of those cards, although I really enjoyed the challenge of recreating it on a card. 

I hope we are inspiring you to join in the challenge this week, just take inspiration from one (or more) of the projects in the Artistic Expression section of the catalogue and add a picture of you project to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely and talented Rebecca has been inspired to create this week.


Happy Stamping
Monique

13 comments:

  1. Lovely work Monique, I have been admiring that particular project too since I first saw it. Love all your detailed work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I loved that bag too and love your CASE of it! So beautiful...I still think I am going to have to play with this myself thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Monique this is gorgeous. Love all the tones and textures in your embellishments and the mask pattern on the inside looks fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how pretty and feminine you've made all that brown look! Beautifully detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique, I love, love, love the different browns you have used! Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project in the catalogue too and I'm so glad you've recreated it. It looks amazing. All the little details are perfect. Great case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Monique - great idea to turn the bag into a card! Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow how gorgeous is that card!? I really love how the different shade of brown give it a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my fave samples in this section the catalogue. Love your take on the photo. The inside is such a wonderful touch! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourite cards in the catty and you did an awesome CASE.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.