Monday, October 9, 2017

Colourful Christmas

Having a bit of time on my hands this weekend, and with it being Card Making Day, I went in search of a challenge to enter and found this great colour combo from TGIF Challenges.

Still having fun with my relatively new set Merry Patterns I decided to stamp the candles twice before cutting out with the Stitched Oval Framelit.  If you look closely you can see the Crumb Cake in the branches that sit under the candles and sentiment.  I stamped half of the candles full strength and half stamped off using Cheery Cobbler. 

I was looking for the "right" background and thought the wood grain DSP might work well - so happy with the result, but it was a smidge dark.  Adding the gold metallic edged ribbon helped lift the overall look and add a touch of bling.

Wanting to use a bit more Crumb Cake, I added a single set of candles to the inside panel of the card, once at full strength and once stamped off.  I love the way this stamp allows you to easily colour the candles in two different colours (or tones) so easily, and add a third colour for the flame!

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.