Sunday, October 29, 2017

CTC #152 - Harvest Inspiration

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge, where we take a look at a section of one of the Stampin' Up! Catalogues and use one (or more) of the projects to inspire our creations.

This week we are having a look at the Painted Autumn / Spooky Nights sections from page 48 - 55.

I chose one of the cards on page 48 for my inspiration, the one on the left of the image above.  I chose the general layout and the technique of using fussy cut DSP images instead of stamped images.

I chose the Delightful Daisy DSP for my card, and colours that coordinate with it, Calypso Coral and Wisteria Wonder. The listed colours don't include Wisteria Wonder, but I think it goes well with the little purple flowers.   The sentiment is a combination of stamping and framelit cut options from the Lovely Inside & Out Bundle.  The "Friend" I cut from one of the darker Wood Textures DSP stack to tie it in with the Woodgrain background stamp. I wanted to include natural fibres, but preferred the Jute Twine in a bow. Having finished the card I think it almost looks like the sentiments are hanging from it with invisible threads!

I hope you decide to join us this week, just use the project from pages 48 - 55 in the Holiday Catalogue to inspire your creation and post a picture of it to the CTC Facebook Page

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Megan has been inspired to create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card you've produced Mon, the wood grain background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy fussy cutting!!! Looks fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the wood textures DSP in the background. And that's an awesome bunch of fussy cutting! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE Monique, this layout looks great with Delightful Daisy DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Love the fussy cut flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is so pretty using the DSP Monique! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Monique, I love the DSP background and the flowers look fabulous cut out xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.