Sunday, August 26, 2018

CI #193 - Gracefull Glass

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take inspiration from the projects in one of the current Stampin' Up! catalogues and use it in our own creations each week.

This week we are looking at the final section of the Annual Catalogue, Graceful Glass, on pages 164 - 179.

For my inspiration I chose the above image from page 172, I think it was the layers of banners that caught my eye.

I decided to shake up the stamps and colours a little bit but mostly keep the overall design of the card the same.  I haven't used the Burlap background stamp much lately but I love the subtle texture it gives and now its back on my radar I think you will be seeing more of it on my projects.  The flowers are of course from the Love What You Do stamp set, stamped and copper embossed before colouring with Mango Melody. By picking up just a little colour with a Blender Pen I was able to keep the colour quite subtle. The greeting from Itty Bitty Greetings, I love all the different sentiments and fonts in this set, and most can be cut out neatly with the Classic Label Punch. 

I hope you are getting inspired to join in the challenge this week, just take inspiration from one of the projects in pages 164 - 179 and use it as the basis for your own creation. Post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook Page. Don't forget to let us know which page of the catalogue your inspiration came from.

Time to hop on over and see what Rachel has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on this card. I need to get out my Burlap stamp too, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve totally inspired me to get out my burlap stamp too! I love the stunning detail and texture you’ve created with the banner stamping. What a truly lovely case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp to substitute in for that layout Monique. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card to CASE Monique. The Burlap background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Monique, love your colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Monique! Love your colour combo and the embossed burlap piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour choice Monique - love it

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.