Wednesday, August 22, 2018

CI #40 - Non-traditional Christmas

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, this one will run for three weeks, so you have time to be inspired by the gorgeous image and the Stampin' Up! colours we have matched to it.

This beautiful image has the colours: Early Espresso, Old Olive and Gorgeous Gape, you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla).

I have a bit of a story with my project this week, can you believe I started out with the tree from Rooted in Nature with the leaves sponged in Old Olive and Gorgeous Grape, but then ended up with this little Christmas treat bag!  Can you spot the connection with Rooted in Nature?  It is the wreath on the banner!  I used the single leaf stamp from the set.  The Stamparatus is just wonderful for creating circle patterns from other stamps. I added some metallic gold pearls to the wreath. With all the wood featured in the inspiration picture this week I couldn't go past adding the circle of wood-grain in the centre of the wreath.

The bag is one of our cute little striped treat bags that I have sponged with Olive and Grape to give it a fun look.  Although these is a bit of a non-traditional Christmas colour combo I really like how it turned out.  

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Bronwyn has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the story about the wreath and the leaves. Just Ana ing project with these colours. The gold is divine with these rich regal tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colouring of the treat bag Mon ... the gold is a perfect complement for these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Monique! Love how you've balanced the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely, Monique! I love how you have prettied up the Gold Striped Treat bag. D xox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.