Sunday, November 4, 2018

CTC #203 - Hostess Sets Both Catalogues

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the hostess sets in both the Annual and Holiday Catalogues.

I was inspired by the card in the top left of this image from page 226 of the Annual Catalogue, it reminded me that I haven't used doilies for a while.

I realised the other day that we are now in November, and Christmas isn't that far away, so decided to get on top of some of my Christmas cards so used the sketch from the catalogue project to make this card featuring Joyous Noel DSP.  I just love the colours in this paper, and the copper foil images on it.  In keeping with the copper I used Copper Shimmer Paint to colour one of our doilies, and am so pleased with how it turned out.  The panel across the card was made using a rectangle of DSP adhered to some thick white card stock to give it some stability.  When I trimmed it down to have the diagonal ends I decided to keep the off-cuts to make another card!
 
The two ends turned around and adhered to the corers gives the illusion of a full banner on this landscape layout.  For this doily I sponged it in Merry Merlot then spritzed with some of the Copper Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol. When it dried it reminded me of our lovely Merry Merlot and Copper ribbon so I added a layer of that to complete the banner feel.  The sentiment I had already cut for my original card, but decided the original needed to have diagonal ends not banner ends!  I love being able to use my "scraps" to create something new.  Which one do you like best?

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the All Is Bright section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Because most of the design team will be attending On Stage next weekend, this challenge will run for two weeks.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love love love the copper coloured doily! This is definitely an idea I'd love to try! Both of your cards are brilliant and I really love how you've created the ends on your second card with the off cuts. So clever and so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't pick a favourite, I love them both. How good do those doilies look,wow

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.