Wednesday, February 13, 2019

CI #49 - Bright and Beachy

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we take inspiration for our colour combination from a gorgeous photograph, matching Stampin' Up! colours to the image. 

This beautiful image has the colours: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Pineapple Punch and Highland Heather, as usual you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla).

I have loved all of the projects filling the internet lately using the beautiful new Butterfly Gala Bundle, but it made me think that as well as butterflies I love dragonflies and so was inspired to use on on my card for this challenge. I wanted to really make the colours of the dragonfly pop so kept the background monochromatic and really worked the other colours into the dragonfly with sponge daubers.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Leonie has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to use the colours Monique- your'e right , the monochromatic background brings the colours forward.... and it's so good to see old faves in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, great colouring on that dragonfly, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dragonfly looks like she's iridescent! Isn't this a great set?! It's a favourite of mine too, as happy as I am to see butterflies back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those colours are so intense and stunning. Amazing sponging. Love these dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a vibrant dragonfly, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.