Wednesday, February 27, 2019

CI #50 - Tranquil Times

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects. Can you believe we are up to our half century with our 50th challenge? How exciting.

This beautiful image has the colours:Blueberry Bushel, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand, Mango Melody and Coastal Cabana. As usual you can also add any of the basic colours (Basic Black, Whisper White and Very Vanilla).

I just love the inspiration photo, it reminds me of childhood days spent on the ocean and at the beach, the lap of waves and sense of tranquillity that comes with them.  So I was inspired to dust of the good old Swirly Bird Bundle, and because it was a sea scene Seaside Embossing folder.  I have not had much joy with inking up an embossing folder before, but this time I sponged on some of the Blueberry Bushel and Bermuda Bay and I am so happy with how it turned out. 

The rest of the card is pretty simple and self explanatory, but I did want to point out the Well Said Bundle for the sentiments, I am loving how the thinlets and stamps coordinate so well together.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Rachel has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Your card makes me happy Monique, would love to sail away today.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inked and embossed ocean is quite the star, Monique - as is the swirly, layered sunshine. They are a very beachy set of colours, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card for retirement. Love the sponged embossing too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.