Wednesday, March 27, 2019

CI #52 - Colours of Nature

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects.
This beautiful image has the colours: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green and Soft Sea Foam. As usual you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla).


I decided these colours were perfect for a card using the Rooted in Nature stamp set, The leaves are stamped in Soft Sea Foam and layered with punch outs from Vellum and some of the coordinating twine from the Rooted in Nature Suite. Because I wanted a thin piece of twine, I just unravelled the individual fibres from a piece and used that, a great way to get three different thicknesses from some of our solid twines!  I think the main wood piece creates the perfect focal point for the sentiment. 

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, just grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Julia has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Love it Monique, i still have this stamp set on my wish list 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. The main wood pierce makes a brilliant focal point for the front of the card! Love the softness of the background piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooted in Nature is such a magnificent set - it's one of my favourites. I like the way you've used vellum in this card - I'd like to try that.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.