Wednesday, August 14, 2019

CI #61 - A Little Bit of Vintage

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects.

I love the neutral colours in these photographs, so rustic and pretty. The colours from this image for the challenge are Grey Granite, Soft Suede, Whisper White and Mint Macaron. 

In keeping with the feminine theme of the inspiration photos I decided to do a vintage card suitable for a birthday or just to give to someone who might need some encouragement. I think it would also look quite pretty just in a frame as a piece of home decor.  I layered Mint Macaron under the lacy die cut and I love the contrast of this against the Soft Suede base. I sponged Soft Suede and Grey Granite over the lace to give it an aged look and snuck just a little bit more Grey Granite into my project by stamping the centre of the flower and the sentiments.

It took me a couple of tries to get the centre of the flower just right, here are the two options I tried before settling on the pearl.

Firstly I simply left the centre stamped in Grey Granite, and while this is a perfectly pretty card, I felt that it just needed a little something extra.

Next I tried a silver faceted gem but the silver didn't quite work as well with the rest of the card, so I hunted around in my stash until I found the large pearl which I finally settled on.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Nikki has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Love the distressing on the lace and the Mint Macaron edge peeping out. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the pearl. It looks perfect. Amd the lace looks amazing!!! What a glorious card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the addition of the pearl. Such a lovely 'vintage' card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.