Wednesday, October 23, 2019

CI #66 - Bright and Creative

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects.

This beautiful image has the colours: Gorgeous Grape, Coastal Cabana, Poppy Parade, Pineapple Punch, Mint Macaron, and Lovely Lipstick.  Now don't be overwhelmed, you don't have to use all of them, although you can if you like, you can choose any three or more in your project this challenge. As usual you can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla).

For my project for this challenge I wanted to use all of the colours and knew that Crafting Forever was the perfect set to use with all its lovely paint brushes. Realised that the colours go together to make a bright rainbow of sorts and so used them in that way on the background, using an aqua painter to scribble the ink onto an acetate sheet then pressing my cardstock over the scribbles. I softened the colours by again using the aqua painter to add very watered down versions of the colours over these scribbles.    Wanting to add some mess to the background to better reflect how I do art I splattered some of the colours on the base.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Leonie has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Your smooshed rainbow is great - perfect for adding in all the colours. Great choice of set for using all of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out. This is not how I imagined the card when we were discussing this last weekend. It turned out better than I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this Mon .... such a great idea for using all though super bright and gorgeous colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Monique, I love your card and your technique with the acetate sheet it's so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh I love the soft rainbow and splatters and the acetate technique is wonderful. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.