Sunday, August 9, 2020

CTC #280 - CASE the Cover

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the cover of the new Holiday Mini Catalogue which is now live and available to order from!

I was inspired by this card on the cover, I liked all the layers and wanted to see how it looked using different products. 

I was happy to see the gorgeous Brightly Gleaming DSP was carrying over and now it is back on the books I decided to use it on my project this week.  I have kept the sketch the same as the original card, and gone with a mostly monochromatic colour scheme accented by copper. The "ribbon" on my card comes from the same DSP pack, a strip of DSP can often add to a project if you don't have the coordinating ribbon.  The ribbons on the parcels were stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Copper, however I didn't stamp the second part of the image, just cut them out with the dies, and then coloured using my aqua-painter to get some lovely variation to the colours. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on the cover of the Holiday Mini Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. I love your idea of DSP instead of ribbon. Must try this. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! I love the copper embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Monique, I love the colour variation on the presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty - I love the rich colours you've chosen, and the tree with the gifts look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea to use DSP for ribbon! I will definitely borrow this idea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great case. I love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.