Sunday, June 20, 2021

CTC #323 - CASE a Card Featuring Food

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from
 
I was inspired by this image from page 87 of the Annual Catalogue, I love the colours of the Ombre Gift Bag, and the clever idea to make a window in the front of the bag so you can see inside. 

Instead of cutting a window in my bag, I decided to do a faux window for my project, more of about that in a minute. I decorated the panel with lots of the plant and pot images from the Bloom Where You're Planted DSP, cutting some by hand and using the coordinating dies for others, I love how easy this DSP makes decorating a card. The sentiment is from one of my new favourite sentiment stamp sets Biggest Wish which has greetings in the big bold font and the lovely cursive font that look so great mix and matched. 

The faux window is made with a piece of Basic White and one of the Paper Lattice pieces cut to the size of a small cello bag, slipped inside the bag and then the top of the bag folded over and the whole thing adhered to the front of the Evening Evergreen Ombre Gift Bag.  I had been thinking of making a shaker card but think with all the plants that the lattice looks nicer without shaker bits. 

Inside the bag is this cute little panel which I have also decorated with more images from the DSP. Your message would go on this side of the panel and then it would be really easy to add a pocket to the back of the panel to hold a gift card, or a packet of seeds.  The topper of the card is made with the Elegant Tag Punch and decorated with ribbon and a tassel made from Baker's Twine. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rebecca has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to turn a gift bag into a card. The plants look amazing - I love this DSP! Your faux window is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the faux window with the plants. This would be perfect to hold a packet of seeds

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.