Sunday, January 9, 2022

CTC351 - Sale-a-bration

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from
 
I was inspired by this image from page 10 of the Sale-A-Bration catalogue which features the Simply Marbelous DSP pack which can be earned free with a $90 (Aus) order between 4 January and 28 February 2022. This DSP has a marbled pattern on one side, and a satin look on the other. For this challenge I decided to take this as the middle stage of a stepped up project and stepped down a card, and further stepped up a card. 

Here is my stepped down version of the card, it is very similar to the original card but a slightly simplified version without the ribbon and without embossing the stamped image.  I stamped the flower image on different pieces of the DSP and trimmed the flower heads out to give a two toned look. I also stamped the sentiment onto a piece of the DSP before adding to the card, in this version I did think about using a punch rather than a die for the sentiment to step it down further, but I did like the stitched edging.

I then decided to step the original card up just a little by texturing the white background with the Stitched Greenery Die, colouring the ribbon using Stamin' Blends, and adding some of the In-Colour Jewels to the card. These jewels are actually the purple ones but they have photographed reflecting the green tones!  I also added a second darker matte of Gorgeous Grape between the front panel and the Highland Heather card base. I love how the tones of this DSP coordinate with both these colours so well.  

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Love your stepped up version. The die punch background really sets your flower off. Lovely colours as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.