Sunday, June 23, 2024

CTC #475 - CASE The Country Woods Suite

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the two page spread for the Country Woods Suite Collection, pages 48 and 49. This is such a lovely collection of products with two packs of DSP, and two stamp and die bundles, as well as an embossing folder, ribbons and pearl embellishments!

I was inspired by this card from the left hand side of page 48, in particular the overall layout of the card.

I used a collection of products on this card, keeping to the layout and botanical theme but using very different products. I used dies from Flowers of Beauty and Painted Lavender Dies. I also used the Fern 3D and Cane Weave 3D embossing folders which add some lovely texture to the card. 

For the "vase" I thought I would try creating one of my own as I don't have any vase dies.  I started by embossing Crumb Cake cardstock with the Cane Weave 3D embossing folder and then punching out with my Heartfelt Hexagon Punch, I then cut off a small strip from one end of the hexagon and rounded the corners.  To finish off the basket I cut a thin strip of the tungsten Textured Metallic Specialty Paper, and added three of the retired Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots.  I am so pleased with the end result, what do you think?

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on pages 48 & 49 to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

This week we have a guest designer, Rebecca, and her blog is next in the hop, so head on over and see what she has created. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Monique. I absolutely love your pot - so clever. Great use of different dies for the flowers and so beautiful with the Perennial Lavender DSP. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Monique! I love your CASE! The way you've created your own vase is very clever! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.