Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Card Swap Chain - Series 6 - Nancy's Card

In April 2026 we started the sixth series of the Card Swap Chain, arranged by the lovely Tracy Held. The idea behind this is that everyone in the group made a card, then sent it to one other person in the group. Each of us CASEd the card we received and posted it to the next person in the chain, there were 10 of us in total. Each time the card was CASEd it was changed slightly until the last round when the final copy of our first card was returned to us.  This is such a fun process, and it is now time to reveal each of the cards in the chain. With 10 of us in the chain there is definitely opportunity for a few variations to sneak in between the first and the last card, so join us on this blog hop journey through the CASEing process.

This chain started with this vibrant card from Nancy, if you haven't started the hop at her blog I would encourage you to do go there first, so you can see the progression of the chain. You can find her blog listed at the top of the participant list below.

I was 8th in the chain for this round and you can see that the overall fancy fold of the card has continued through the designs.  I followed the card before me choosing the Everyday Arches dies for the front panel which I thought would show off this beautiful fern image from the Nature Walk DSP, I added some fussy cut butterflies from the DSP which I think pop beautifully on the dark back ground. If I were to make this card again I think I would have swapped out the Secret Sea DSP sheet on the background arch 
for an Old Olive based one instead so that there was more of a contrast.  This card makes me think of looking out a window at night.

Time to keep hopping to see how this card was interpreted for the rest of the chain, and if it is still recognisable by the end of the chain. Do you think the arch will persist to the end or will it change in the last couple of cards?

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.