Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Card Swap Chain - Series 6 - Heather's Card


In April 2026 we started the sixth series of the Card Swap Chain, arranged by the lovely Tracy Held. The idea behind this is that everyone in the group made a card, then sent it to one other person in the group. Each of us CASEd the card we received and posted it to the next person in the chain, there were 10 of us in total. Each time the card was CASEd it was changed slightly until the last round when the final copy of our first card was returned to us.  This is such a fun process, and it is now time to reveal each of the cards in the chain. With 10 of us in the chain there is definitely opportunity for a few variations to sneak in between the first and the last card, so join us on this blog hop journey through the CASEing process.

This chain started with this cute little ladybug card from Heather, if you haven't started the hop at her blog I would encourage you to do go there first, so you can see the progression of the chain. You can find her blog listed at the top of the participant list below.

I was 9th in the chain, so almost at the end with only one more card before the round finished. As you can see there have been some reasonably big changes to the card through this chain, although there are some recognisable features.  My card has the round shape as the feature on the front of the card, and as a stretch contains botanical images.  For my card I used one of the hot foil sentiments, but this time trimmed it into two separate pieces as I thought it looked more balanced on the card this way.  The stamp and die bundle I used is Garden Gatherings, which I would highly recommend getting while it is still available on the Last Chance List. I have had so much fun with this set, and I believe the stamp set is carrying over even though the dies are not.

Time to keep hopping to see how this card was interpreted for the rest of the chain, and if it is still recognisable by the end of the chain. What elements do you think made it all the way down the line?

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.