Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sketch Challenge Take 2 ...

I so loved Create with Connie and Mary's challenge sketch I decided to use it again, this time pairing it with the Pals Paper Arts colour challenge. Don't you love the softness of these new in-colours and how well they go together?

Instead of DSP this time I used Everything Eleanor stamp set to make the "patterned paper", I just love the flourish in this set and stamped that in Pistachio Pudding.  I then added flowers, the flowers stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe, with the large ones stamped directly onto the Whisper White cardstock and the smaller ones 'stamped off' before adding to give them a lighter shade.  I took inspiration from one of the design team members and raised the front panel on dimensionals before adding to the main card.  

The flower in the centre didn't look quite right once I had cut the panel so I added a complete flower over the top.  The sentiment is from Sweet Essentials which is on sale this month!

Happy Stamping

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love how you made the background paper. I love these new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job with the sketch and the color combo this week. So elegant! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique... I love the custom patterned paper and tiling! Soft, sweet and beautiful. Thank you for playing with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...I love that set with the swirl in it! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful colors! So soft and serene! And I love how you stamped the background! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a lovely card this week with this sketch! I love the background you made with Everything Eleanor.. so pretty! The three little flowers are a wonderful touch too! Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors and design. The home made DSP is wonderful, makes the card so soft and pretty! So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my work how soft and pretty! I love how you created your own dsp for the panels...just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.