Wednesday, October 10, 2018

CI #43 - 2018-2020 In Colours

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, this challenge will run for two weeks and in it we will use the lovely new In-Colours 2018-2020 from the Annual catalogue.

You can use just one of these colours, or up to all five in your project for this challenge. In addition to the challenge colours, you can of course add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla) and metallics.

My project for this challenge uses Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove and Pineapple Punch, and features the Beautiful Promenade Bundle. I started by stamping the image that usually goes inside the flower but this time left off the outline of the petals. Now that the card is finished I am wondering what it would have been like if I stamped off the colours for a softer look ... I might need to give that a go soon.  I wanted to play around a bit with the tag topper framelit from the bundle and so used it to create a feature down the left hand side of the main panel. I found that it lined up fairly well and holding it in place with washi tape while I ran it through the Big Shot really helped keep things in place. The sentiment and little flowers are also from the same bundle, so this is a great example of a card that you could make with just a few supplies. 

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Kim has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is awesome. I love the flower image you've used and these colours are so gorgeous. Great work with the doe cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, your card is lovely and I really like the way you've combined the colours. They are bold, aren't they? I think they stand well on their own here - you would get an entirely different look from stamping off, but I like this just as you've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Monique. Your layout and colour combination is beautiful. Thankyou for your inspiration. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour choice - SNAP!. and I like the strong colours of the flowers rather than stamped off. This set is still on my want list, the flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.