Wednesday, October 24, 2018

CI #44 - Pretty Pastels

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, this one will run for three weeks, so you have time to be inspired by the gorgeous image and the Stampin' Up! colours we have matched to it.

This beautiful image has the colours: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz. You can also add any of the basic colours (black, white and vanilla).

 My project for this challenge features the Follow Your Dreams bundle, paired with Labeler Alphabet for the "dare to" part of the sentiment.  I wanted to  use this stamp set with some soft colours and I think layering these with a piece of one of the lighter sheets of Woodgrain really gives it a whimsical almost faded feel.  A dream catcher on the side of a beach house perhaps.

Do you like the effect I achieved on the feathers? I wanted to give them a more realistic look with variegated colour.

To achieve this I dragged my Highland Heather and Sahara Sand ink pads across a piece of Whisper White cardstock, over-lapping the colours. Then I placed my feather Framelit over the parts that I liked best and cut them out, then I just chose the two that went best with my card and sponged the edges to make them stand out just a little bit more.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Rebecca has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those feathers look amazing. I love the dream catcher on the wood textures DSP - they look great together. I love what you've done with these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!! Love the dreamcatcher.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.