Sunday, October 21, 2018

CTC #201 - Don't Forget the Covers!

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the front and back cover of the Holiday Catalogue. I have to admit the covers are parts of the catalogue that I sometimes forget to really pay attention to, but there really are lots of projects on our catalogue covers. Did you also notice that the layout of the Holiday catalogue is really similar to the Annual Catalogue? I love the way SU did this in their design.

I was inspired by this image from the front cover, I really liked all the layers on this card and wanted to make one with different DSP and stamps.

As you can see I kept fairly close to the original but used the Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle for the sentiment and main die cut flower. I cut it first in Copper Foil and added a layer of Merry Merlot over the top, I love how these two colours work together.  After a few tries for the sentiment I decided I really liked it on the angle in the punch shape. The layers of DSP are from Joyous Noel which is just beautiful, the copper foil features on the sheets give them such a rich feel.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the All Is Bright section of the catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Sandra has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Changing up a few things makes it a totally different card! nice CASE, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layers of the poinsettia!! Looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This is just gorgeous! The merlot and copper are so opulent and rich together. What a stunning case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Monique. I love the Poinsettia in Copper Foil and Merry Merlot and the sentiment looks great on an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't that look fabulously different. Great CASE Monique, love it

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.