Wednesday, April 24, 2019

CI #54 - Black & White With a Splash Of Colour

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, where we match Stampin' Up! colours to the ones from an inspiration photo, and use them to create our projects.

Don't you just love this picture of these snuggling zebras? As the inspiration for this challenge we are using Black and White and adding a "pop" of colour, so just add a colour of choice that pops with this combo.

I chose Lemon Lime Twist as my pop of colour, I don't think we have another colour that is quite so bright.  I used to think it was a bit too bright but over the last two years I have really come to love this stunning colour and will miss it at the end of the current Annual Catalogue. I used Incredible Like You stamp set for the vertical lines using my Stamparatus to get them nice and even, and although they aren't truly straight I think they look quite good on this project.

If you look closely you can see the pretty Country Floral Embossing Folder on the top half of the card.  I added a few layers of Basic Black Baker's Twine to separate the two layers finishing it off with a cute little bow. The sentiment was cut with Stitched Labels Framelits and tucked under the twine bow.

I hope you are inspired to join in with this challenge, as I mentioned at the start of my post you have three weeks to complete this one, so grab your inks and papers then post a picture of your project to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Leonie has created with the colours.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Love the stripes detail just like those gorgeous zebras. And the lemon lime twist looks fabulous. I think it will be missed by so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of the striped stamp from Incredible Like You. LLT will be a big loss when it goes - I can only cope because at least we've got Granny Apple Green. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see Lemon Lime Twist going soon, but this it is a great pop of colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. LLT, black & white is a match made in heaven! I'll miss seeing that combination when LLT retired! Fabulous card Mon! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Monique! The bold B&W stripes are a great feature along with your Lemon Lime Twist butterfly. D x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.