Sunday, April 28, 2019

CI #226 - CASE A Layout

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.


This week we are taking our inspiration from the layout of any of the projects in the Occasions Catalogue!  

I was inspired by this image from page 34 of the catalogue, I just loved all of the butterflies swarming up the card front. I have learned to look at the projects displayed in the catalogue and try and picture them in different colours or using different DSP as the ones chosen by the artists at Home Office don't always appeal to me. That was certainly the case with this card, the colour combo just isn't my style, so for this challenge I wanted to keep to the layout of the original but really change up the colour scheme.

I have been on a bit of a roll with the Floral Romance Suite lately, I guess I want to make the most of it before it's gone for ever. For this project I used the printed vellum from the DSP and added a kaleidoscope of butterflies. Don't you just love that term for a group of butterflies? I also added some of the pretty Frosted Flower Embellishments to the sentiment panel and to the background, but you have to look pretty closely to see them!

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just take one of the projects in the Occasions Catalogue and use it's layout to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what lovely project Michelle has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

8 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow. Those butterflies are stunning with this DSP. Totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pattern background really adds so much more, and of course, purple butterflies! What else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple butterflies are so so pretty! They match perfectly with the DSP. Gorgeous choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Those butterflies look amazing en masse like that. Such different colours to the original - I love the way you've CASEd this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle Strazds11:27 PM, May 02, 2019

    I love the colouring of the butterflies. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW is the correct word for your gorgeous card! I much prefer your soft, feminine version to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Monique, I much prefer your version than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the vellum with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.