Sunday, June 9, 2019

CTC #232 - Artistic Expressions

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where we take a look at one of the sections of a current Stampin' Up! catalogue and use the projects within it to inspire our own creations.

How exciting to be taking our inspiration from the brand new Annual Catalogue!  I get so excited when we get a new catalogue to see not only the new products, but also the projects that the team at Stampin' Up! come up with for the carry over stamp sets too.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Artistic Expressions section of the catalogue, pages 106 to 159.


I was inspired by this image from page 138 of the Annual Catalogue, I love the way they used the DSP to create the pattern on the dress.

I don't have the Wonderful Moments stamp set, so used Beautiful You instead, stamping the bodice of the lady in the straight skirt and then and drawing in a fuller skirt onto the DSP.  I love being able to get a few different looks from one stamp and this is a great way to achieve that.  I wanted to bring out the Pool Party in the flowers so added a scalloped layer under the sentiment, as well as colouring the polka dot ribbon with my Pool Party Blends. The sentiment is from Colourful Seasons.


On this close up you can see that I fussy cut some of the small flowers from the DSP to create a feature on the shoulder of her dress and on her hat. To emphasise these I added some small pearls.  While this doesn't stand out on the card as anything particularly special, I do think it adds to the overall look and elegance of the image. I thought about giving her Pool Party gloves to go with the flowers and inside of her hat, what do you think?

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples in the Artistic Expressions section of the Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. I love how you have adapted the stamp set to create the bigger dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card Monique. She looks like she has a very special event to attend. Lovely colour choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aren't you clever? I loved her dress, and then when I noticed the fussy cut flowers I loved it even more! I say go for the gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Monique, so elegant and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever card Monique, I love how you've made her dress from DSP. The fussy cut flowers with added pearls look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever Clever dress idea and looking pretty amazing with the extra teeny tiny fussy cut flowers!! That's dedication!! Love love love the coloured dotty ribbon. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Monique. I love the little touches of Pool Party you've added. The DSP makes for such a pretty dress, that's a great technique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.