Sunday, June 23, 2019

CTC #234 - CASE a Colour Scheme

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the colours in the Pressed Petals DSP which can be found as part of the Pressed Petals Suite on pages 72 to 74. Can you believe there are nine colours in this DSP?

Here are all of those beautiful colours, don't worry you don't have to add them all, and you can choose to add them in any way you like using cardstock, inks, or colouring. You can use a lot of colour or add small amounts to a mostly vanilla background, the choice is completely up to you.

I was also inspired to use the stamps and dies from Beautiful Promenade and Beautiful Layers stamps and dies. These are on page 75 of the catalogue and I realised that I haven't used them in a while.  I wanted to step up the flower image just a little so did some fussy cutting of two of the flowers, trimming off the bottom petal and layering them over each other. I think this makes it look almost like a waterlily, what do you think?  I stamped the centres in Daffodil Delight, then coloured over them with the light Daffodil Delight Blends to add more depth.

I really wanted to add the gold doily under the flower, but it wasn't sitting right, so I decided to add another doily cut from Night of Navy, trimming the outer layer off and off-setting it over the base doily.  I hadn't realised that the cut out portions of the doily aren't identical on all sides until I did this, but I liked that it let through more of the gold layer underneath so turned it around until I got the best effect. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the colours from the Pressed Petals DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.


Time to hop on over and see what Simone has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique


Product List

8 comments:

  1. Great card using the various colours. I wouldn’t have thought to put them together the way you have. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doily die does a great job for background interest! The two doilies are a great foil for the bright beautiful water lily! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours look amazing the way you've used them, Monique, and I love the gold elements as well. Beautiful colouring and beautiful layering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bold colours Monique, and the double doily is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Monique. The Perennial Essence DSP works really well for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Monique, the layering of the doilies and flower looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever to double your fussy cut flower, gives it more emphasis and lovely choice of layering

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty!! I love the layers of the doilies.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.