Sunday, August 22, 2021

CTC #332 - Case Favourite Annual Catty Suite

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the suites in the Annual Catalogue.

I was inspired by the Hand Penned Suite, in particular this card on page 104 of the Annual Catalogue. I liked the layers and general layout of the card.


Initially this card struck me as being quite "busy" with lots of colours and patterns, so I decided to re-create it using the SAB Beautifully Penned DSP which is in shades of grey and white.  I didn't want to leave colour out completely so chose one of the sheets of DSP from the Hand Penned pack.  I kept the "paper poop" from the die cut floral image and coloured with Stampin' Blends using pale and dark on the larger flower and just pale on the smaller ones.  I found it helpful to keep the pieces from the three flowers in separate piles so they didn't get mixed up.

I really like how this turned out, the only thing I am not sure about is the Matte Black Dots, I can't decide if they should have been pearls, or pearls coloured with Stampin' Blends. What do you think?

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Lauren has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. WOW - the attention to detail colouring the die cut leftovers and replacing them - this looks awesome. And I can understand what you mean - maybe the pearls would look a little lighter than the black dots? Love the way you've used the black and white with just one colour - this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha, paper poop - that's so funny! The effort to keep them organised was well worth it, your card is amazing. I love the switch to B&W paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love what you've done with this layout, Monique. Your version is so much nicer than the original and you can really appreciate all the lovely layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your version better than the original. The reduced number of colours and patterns makes your card even more stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty colour combo!! Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.