Sunday, September 5, 2021

CTC #334 - CASE The Gingerbread & Peppermint Suite

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Gingerbread & Peppermint Suite, pages 8 - 15 of the Mini Catalogue. 
 
I was inspired by this image from page 10, I love the DSP and the beautiful icing on the various cookie shapes. It reminds me of the year I tried to do this myself with my daughter and my mum, it was very messy but a lot of fun. 

I decided to change up the colour scheme a little and go with a more simple combo, using some of the Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP fussy cut and layered over the Old Olive card base to make it look more like icing.  I was hoping the circle under the mittens looks like a well iced gingerbread cookie, what do you think?

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! I love the cookie under the mitten cookies - it makes the mittens pop far more than they do on the catalogue card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diagonal lines of lacework in the background - this looks amazing with the beautiful cookies! What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I really like how you toned down the colours. It makes the mittens stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, Monique. I love the 'icing' background.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.